The Top 50 Compliments for Coworkers
In performance reviews, words of appreciation for employees consistently impacts the happiness of an organization and employee productivity.
According to a CareerBuilder survey, 50% of employees indicated they believed turnover would decrease if managers simply recognized their efforts more frequently.
From a productivity standpoint, 40% of employees said they were unlikely to go above and beyond if their bosses took their efforts for granted. (Curious to learn more about what motivates employees to go the extra mile? Check out some more facts and statistics from our
Have you been recognizing your coworkers for good work? If not, don’t sweat it. It starts with having good base phrases to say or write on a performance review.
Here are 50 examples of compliments for coworkers you can use express gratitude, appreciation, and encouragement to your coworkers for their hard work:
01. Having you on the team makes a huge difference.
02. You always find a way to get it done — and done well!
03. It’s really admirable how you always see projects through from conception to completion.
04. Thank you for always speaking up in team meetings and providing a unique perspective.
05. Your efforts at strengthening our culture are not unnoticed.
06. Fantastic work!
07. Even when the going gets tough, you continue to have the best attitude!
08. It’s amazing how you always help new employees get up to speed.
09. Wow! Just when I thought your work couldn’t get any better!
10. I couldn’t imagine working without you!
11. Your work ethic speaks for itself.
12. There’s no other way to say it: we’d be lost without you.
13. Thanks for always being willing to lend a hand.
14. The pride you take in your work is truly inspiring.
15. You’re so great to work with.
16. I am continually impressed by the results you produce!
17. Thank you for being so flexible.
18. It’s incredible how thorough your work is.
19. Your work ethic is out of this world!
20. You have an extremely healthy perspective.
21. You’re really good at cheering everybody up!
22. Is there anything you can’t do?!
23. You are one of the most reliable employees I’ve ever had.
24. Thank you for setting a great example for your coworkers.
25. Not everyone is as creative as you — I mean it!
26. It’s amazing how you’re always able to overcome any obstacle thrown your way.
27. Keep up the great work!
28. I was blown away by your contributions this week.
29. I really enjoy working with you.
30. You’re awesome!
31. Amazing job on that project — I really mean it.
32. You are an invaluable member of the team.
33. To be honest, I’m jealous of your talents.
34. I can’t believe how lucky I am to have a great employee like you.
35. You come up with fantastic ideas!
36. What’s your secret? Your output is impressive, to say the least.
37. Wow! Nice work.
38. Your work ethic is enviable.
39. I just wanted to let you know how much you mean to the team.
40. How did this place ever operate without you?!
41. I know I’ve been busy lately, but I just had to tell you what a great employee you are.
42. You play a crucial role in our company’s success.
43. It’s so obvious how you pay attention to detail.
44. You are always so quick to show initiative.
45. It’s honestly hard to explain how integral you are to this team.
46. You are an awesome employee!
47. It’s incredible how often you go above and beyond.
48. Your work never ceases to amaze me!
49. I couldn’t live with myself if I didn’t tell you how much you mean to this company.
50. Things have definitely been crazy lately, but you’re crushing it!
How to recognize employees
To show you are sincere, you need to make sure you specify why you’re certain appreciation words for employees that earned them. That way they will continue that same behavior in the future.
Now you’ve gotten the list of phrases at hand, here are three easy ways to recognize and reward your employees without breaking the bank.
- Write a thank-you card
It’s a simple gesture to say “thank you” in person or write a thank-you note to employees who’ve done a great job. The caveat is that you can’t simply just blurt out these recognition phrases in hopes that they’ll feel valued. Just make sure that you acknowledge tangible accomplishments and specify why you’re certain appreciation words for employees that earned them. That way they will continue that same behavior in the future.
- Give them a shout-out at all-hands meetings
Knowing you’re doing a great job is one thing, hearing it from your boss has a different meaning. Public recognition is also a great way to inspire and motivate the rest of the team while rewarding one employee for a job well done. It can be as simple as email blasts, shout-outs at company meetings, and other company-wide communication. Plus, it’s totally free!
- Encourage peer-to-peer recognition
Recognition shouldn’t be solely left up to managers. Organizations today are spread across the globe, which means that managers don’t get the chance to see day-to-day activities. Peer-to-peer recognition ensures employees are shown appreciation from their colleagues so they feel valued for their hard work.We found in The Surprising Effects of Employee Recognition and Appreciation that 44% of employees give regular peer-to-peer recognition when they have a tool that makes it easy. Give your team the opportunity and encouragement to recognize one another, so everyone is invested in the process!